Even if the Celine brand is primarily known for its high quality leather goods, we should not reglet the new and stunning sunglasses collection. Each frame is immediately recognizable thanks to the logo on the temples and to the strikingly thick frame and oversized lenses. They are made of high quality materials and promise optimal protection against UV rays. At Visionet you can find more than 100 different models with different shapes and original colors: whatever you want or your needs are, in our online shop you are guaranteed to find the perfect Celine sunglasses.
Céline sunglasses, a bit of history
In our online shop Visionet you can purchase the noble and unique Céline sunglasses from LVMH. Treat yourself to a piece of luxury and experience the glamorous lines, thick acetate frames and a high quality at very reasonable prices.
The history of the Céline brand
The story of Céline began in Paris in 1945 with a tailor-made orthopedic shoe store for children of wealthy families. At that time, a red elephant was the landmark of the shop, located in the famous Parisian street Rue de Malte. Thanks to the high-quality products, the concept was a success. This was followed by other shops, which also offered the first perfume "Vent fou", other accessories and leather goods for young women and their mothers. Already in the early 60s, the first Céline articles were successfully marketed.
The red elephant was replaced by the "Sulky American" in 1966 and in 1973 the founder Céline Vipiana was inspired by the Arc de Triomphe to create the new Céline logo, which is represented by a double C. The creations of the brand are varied, but all are based on a certain sobriety, but are very "racy" and functional.
When Bernard Arnault becomes owner of the brand in 1987, he adds a touch of modernity to his artistic director Peggy Huynh Kinh. In 1996 Céline joined the LVMH Group (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy), a world leader in quality products, with the aim of strengthening their credibility and integration into the world of haute couture. In any case, several artistic directors will lead the creations of the house Céline. In 1997, Céline reinforces its international impact with new artistic director Michael Kors and luxurious, chic and casual models. The "It Bag Boogie" will remain one of the cult creations of Céline. Roberto Menichetti in 2005, develops slender and sensual cuts, while a year later Ivana Omazic works to restore the state of mind of the brand's sportswear designers.
In 2008, British stylist Phoebe Philo returns to the timelessly minimalist chic of Céline Vipiana's first creation It's the stylist Hedi Slimane, anti-conformist who draws the 2019-2020 collection. After leaving Saint-Laurent in 2016, he contrasts the "classic" Céline image with his evening miniskirts. "... Women are allowed to wear miniskirts if they want," he replied to the rather sharp criticism from British and American fashion journalists. In 2012, the Safilo Group acquires the license for the production of Céline sunglasses. This marks the entire collection with confidence and reaffirms the trust of the environment and its customers.
Céline sunglasses, "the most cerebral of contemporary fashion designers"
In 2015, Phoebe Philo, with the support of Joan Didion, former editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine and over 80 years old, launched the official advertising campaign for Céline sunglasses. We see Joan Didion in a stoic posture with the black oversize model New Preppy CL-41043 - 807 / 1E with beautiful golden details for a subtle splash of color. The campaign shows the full range of Céline sunglasses and reveals a superb women's collection.
Céline sunglasses are magical! Visionet presents the collection for women, which have been reworked with a lot of creativity and emphasize their light, timeless and unique side. Each pair is born like that, and nothing is left to chance, be it the choice of materials that make up the lenses and frame, or even the metal details of those sunglasses. The designers, the creators of the Céline sunglasses, emphasize the refinement of each model by creating delicate shades and harmonious details. The Aviator models with very fine metal frames face the Céline CL-41043- 807 / 1E, whose thick black acetate frame attracts attention. The entire women's collection is a true refinement, and the luxury that every model (Céline CL-41373 - ANW / 1E) offers is mesmerizing.
Regardless of the shape, material or color of the frame and lenses, Visionet's Céline sunglasses models are offered at competitive prices. Even Hollywood stars like Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian, Demi Lovato, Cate Blanchett, etc. love the French brand and you can often see them on Instagram with these models.
Céline sunglasses: Choose your degree of sun protection
Did you know?
Only the color of the glasses alone does not provide protection against the UV rays and also provides no protection against the blue light. The color of the glasses prevents some glare, the tinted glasses counteract the brightness, but in no case does a sunglass lens that is darkly tinted protect better than a glass whose hue is clear. For example, a clear tinted glass can protect your eyes from UV radiation as well as a heavily tinted glass.
Céline sunglasses, what is a sun protection factor or filter category?
A sunscreen index is a number from 0 to 4 that indicates that the category of sunglasses is classified, taking into account the ability to protect your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun.It is the European regulation that validates the duties to protect sunglasses. The glasses that comply with this requirement bear the CE mark, which confirms that the protection index given in the technical characteristics of the model in question is correct. Prescription lenses perform the same duties when fitted with sunglasses lenses.
The sun protection classes can be divided into five categories, each of which corresponds to a UV protection level:
• Category 0: Indoor or on cloudy days - Light protection level from 0 to 20%: Very light filtration, which does not provide effective protection against ultraviolet radiation in strong sunlight. In this case, the sunglasses are more of a "fashion accessory".
• Category 1: When the sun is diminished - Degree of sun protection from 20 to 57%. Light filtering: Sunglasses can be worn in winter or in cloudy and gray weather. This protection is not recommended when exposed to strong sunlight for long periods of time.
• Category 2: Average Sunshine - 57 to 82% Sun Protection Rating. This is the minimum category recommended for all in sunshine situations.
• Category 3: Strong sunshine - Degree of sun protection from 82 to 92%. Effective filtering in sunshine: beach or winter sports. This is the minimum category that must be available as 100% of ultraviolet rays are blocked.
• Category 4: extreme sunshine - sun protection above 92%. This sun filtering is ideal in extreme sunshine: mountain climbers in the high mountains or boaters on the high seas. Under these conditions, the reverberation on the elements (water and snow) has increased tenfold. Filter category 4 glasses are prohibited for driving vehicles on the road.
Céline sunglasses, choose the color of your lenses
The tint of the sunglass lenses can be chosen from an aesthetic point of view, the most common shades are brown, gray, green and yellow. The comfort, whether with or without eyesight and the nature of the activities should be considered in the selection. The only way to choose the ideal color that suits us is to try it online. However, you can also get support from an online optician. Be careful with the colors blue and pink, these change the perception of colors and cause (possibly) eye discomfort.
It is obvious that the highest level of protection is required for athletes on high altitude glaciers. On the other hand, these glasses would not be appropriate for a drink during a seaside party, as lower sun protection may be needed in this situation. In this case, take two sunglasses with you and wear the right one at the right time. The low prices of Visionet offer you the opportunity to buy several sunglasses.
Céline Sunglasses: High quality materials and best lenses
Céline sunglasses are attractive and very luxurious. All of these models, aviator, butterflies (cat's-eye), pantos, etc., are reworked in a modern style and often come in different shades. The combination of these colors harmoniously adapts to many faces and together with the low prices of Visionet, the Celine sunglasses are even available to all. However, before deciding on a particular model of sunglasses, you need to know the main purpose. Will you use it mainly on the beach, or just in the evening? Or maybe on the high seas or in the high mountains, to practice extreme sport where everything has to be done for safety?
Céline sunglasses: Which glasses are best?
Visionet offers only branded sunglasses, which comply with all EU standards. Céline sunglasses for example complies with CE standards and guarantees the protection of your eyes according to the scale of the various sun protection indexes. Solar radiation is dangerous. Céline sunglasses filter UVA and UVA rays, but also blue light according to the indicated index.
-> Gradient tinting: With these glasses, the upper area is darker and the lower area is tinted lighter. Perfect for the beach with the filter category 3, because the upper part offers a glare-free and increased contrast. With the lower part you can perfectly read your favorite book or a fashion magazine. The Celine Sunglasses CL-41068-S - 807 / W2 is a great example of this kind of glasses.
-> Polarizing lenses: The lenses filter incident light from wet roads, snow and reflections on water surfaces. Ideal for athletes, motorists and people with sensitive eyes. Unfortunately, the new Céline collection does not offer any of these lenses, but if you want to try them out, we suggest you check out the Gucci brand
Céline sunglasses: Discover the most popular models
The models of the Céline sunglasses collection have been carefully selected by the Visio-net team. These are iconic models that have been redesigned and improved by modern designers. Among these models, there is certainly one or the other model for you! Do not hesitate to follow our above recommendations to make a selection according to the SPF and the type of glass you are looking for.
Here are our favorite models of the Céline brand, which are very different and give an idea of the scope of possibilities when it comes to sunglasses of this brand:
- Céline New Preppy CL-41043 - 086 / 1E has a lens surrounding and black acetate temple of great thickness. These are glasses that will not go unnoticed. The bridge and the crossbar made of golden metal give the whole thing a little lightness. These sunglasses are perfect if you are looking for a little originality in your outfit without losing quality and elegance!
- Oversized aviator sunglasses (CL-41391 - J5G / SS) and the smaller version (CL-41392 - J5G / N5) have a frame very close to the original design. The aviator shapes are always very elegant and their style "air" fits easily with most outfits. These are sunglasses that protect the eyes very well without hindering the movement. They bring a little more "rock" into an outfit every day.
- Hyper elegant, chic and luxurious is the Céline Cora CL-41423 J1L / EG sunglasses which gives you a little bit of shyness thanks to the butterfly shape. The frame expands outward at the temples to not fully reveal the personality of the wearer. Equally elegant and smart, Céline CL-41373 - ANW / 1E, the fine metal bridge, lined with a double bridge of the same golden metal, the frame in its upper part is flat, to bring forth the famous "Clubmaster", straight out of the Rock'n Roll Medium of the 50s.
Some of these models can be fitted with prescription lenses, which must be selected according to specific criteria: your prescription values, type of lens and treatment(s) of the lenses. Our Visio-net optician (online) offers you all the help in choosing the best suitable eyewear for you.
The sunglasses are designed to enhance your face while protecting your eyes! Visio-net understands this and offers you all the technical information you need when choosing sunglasses.